Monday, October 5, 2009

True Inspirations



John and I are so lucky to have such true inspirations in both of our families. First of all, his Mom had open heart surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago. I was fortunate enough to get to see her 3 weeks to the day since she had her surgery. I couldn't believe how good she looked and how well she is doing! She will have to do a lot of physical therapy and it won't be easy, I'm sure. But she sure has the right attitude and is looking forward to coming here to Phoenix in December. She and Karla will be here for our Santa float that we do every year. Dorothy has knitted many hats that Santa will give out along with stuffed animals.
My Dad just suffered a stroke on Saturday, September 26. I arrived in Wisconsin on Tuesday, September 29. The progress he made from Tuesday to Friday when I left was nothing less than phenomonal. He does everything he is asked to do and puts all his effort into it. Though he still has some sight issues, he is most definitely on the road to recovery.
To watch these two people in our lives, who have gone through such difficult things, fight with everything they have to get better, is so truly inspirational. I can tell you when I run my first 1/2 marathon in January, I will be thinking of both them and know that if they can do what they have done, I can run a measly 13.1 miles.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I agree! That will need to be my mantra as well in order to do this race!

Gatfly said...

I think we will have to come up with a chant! What a nice tribute to two 'warriors'!