Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winding down February

It is hard to believe February is just about over! We have been keeping pretty busy with Mom and Dad still visiting. They will be leaving on this Friday and heading back to the cold and snow. Hopefully Spring will come early! Last Saturday, Mom and I went to the movie "Dear John". It is a typical Nicolas Sparks movie - we enjoyed it. Saturday night John and I went over to our good friends, Jeff and Rhonda's house in Cave Creek. We had a great time! They have a beautiful house. Jeff made us steaks on the grill (yum!!). We had an awesome dinner and then they taught us how to play the card game Euchre. It was a lot of fun and can't wait to play it again. Sunday we met Mike, Mara and Rohan for breakfast up in Scottsdale at U.S. Egg. It is one of my favorite breakfast places because they make the best Protein Pancake. From what I have heard, their biscuits and gravy is pretty good, too. We have really enjoyed our time with Mom and Dad. It is going to be kind of sad to see them go. Dad does have something to look forward to on April 8th, though. He was selected to go to Washington D.C. that day to see the World War II Memorial. It is a one day trip out of Appleton. He is really excited about it. My sister Holly
is helping me stay motivated with my running. She is signed up for all kinds of races in the next few months (most of which I will virtually be running with her). I also signed up to run Pat's Run (4.2 mi) on April 17 which benifits the Pat Tillman Foundation (ASU football player killed in Iraq). Gotta keep moving!

2 comments:

Gatfly said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!! For giving the folks the best winter they could have had!
That motivation works two ways, too!! I'll be running 4.2 sometitme around the time you will - virtually! ;)

Gatfly said...

"sometime"!!