Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gopher to Badger 2010

I have committed (along with my sister Holly) to fun the 2010 Gopher to Badger 1/2 Marathon on August 14, 2010. It starts in Stillwater, Mn and ends in Hudson, WI (near where my niece Sally and her family live). We certainly welcome anyone who would like to join us. It is good to have something to work for again. Thanks, Holly, for the inspiration to keep going!!
Also, we have extended my parents stay until February 26. It just seemed silly to send them back to the cold and snow when we have such a better alternative here.
They are very content to sit out on the patio and enjoy the warm sunshine.

3 comments:

Gatfly said...

Yes, I am committed to 'fun', too! ;) Sally and Scott actually live about 19 miles east, in Baldwin, but it's close enough.
Tell the folks to soak up those rays!! ;) Thanks again, for having them there, longer!

ciniajer said...

I am so happy about your parents staying longer....WOW and the patio, I can feel the sun shining & it's warmth on this blustery winter day.
As far as running...I did 3 miles today, my longest run yet. I did it in 38 minutes. Is that good, bad, or UGLY? I will be ready by August to cheer you on!!!! haha
:)
Having fun 2010......I am with you on that! Love ya, Cindy

Me said...

That sounds like a fun race! Too bad we'll be back here. Maybe in a few years when Mara is done with school we'll make it back for that one.