We had a little bit lower key weekend, but had a lot of fun. On Friday night we had Rohan overnight, so we took Rohan and Rebekah to Enchanted Island Amusement Park. After a picnic of McDonalds' at the park, we spent the evening going on rides. Rohan was a little reluctant to give up his last chicken nugget, so that is why he has it in his hand in the pictures. So funny! Rebekah loved all the rides. I think Rohan's favorite was the carousel (and the splash pad of course), but unfortunately I don't have pictures from that part since my camera battery died.
On Saturday, I met my friend Nelly for our training run for the 12k's of Christmas on December 11 (7.5 mile run). Rohan and I hit the pool for a while. This is the first time I remember being in the pool in October! Afer that, John, Rohan and I headed to Turf Paradise for opening day of the horse races. It's too bad it was so hot yet (103), because they had all kinds of fun kid stuff like bounce houses and pony rides. It was
just too hot to be outside for very long. Sunday, I finally got back to hiking with my fitness group. Still a little
warm, but we have since had our cool down and we are back to normal temps (90's).
We met Mike, Mara and Rohan Sunday night to have dinner and celebrate Mara and my birthdays. It was really nice.
Next weekend goes back to the craziness of being busy again with training at the Humane Society, Bunco and the Race for the Cure just to name a few. It's all fun and we are enjoying every minute of it. It really makes us enjoy our down time even more!
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment