Monday, November 8, 2010
Catching up (or where did October go?)
October came and went so quickly! We had a blast celebrating Halloween. First with the party at Mark and Vickies and then another party through Phoenix Youth at Risk in which John and I both were able to go with our mentees. Most of Rebekah's siblings were there as well, since they are all in the program. There was a great turnout and it was a lot of fun. Halloween weekend John and I headed to Laughlin for a fun getaway. We got back early enough for trick or treating with Mike, Mara and Rohan. Rohan did awesome! He walked the whole way and caught on real quick what it was all about. Mara and I shared a bottle of wine as well, so it was a very fun trick or treating experience : ). John hung out at the house and handed out almost 200 chocolate bars. We ended the night with Rosati's pizza and watched Scared Shrekless.
Our grandson, Memphis, celebrated his 8th birthday on Nov. 3. It's still hard to imagine he is 8!
This past weekend was filled with fun activities as well. I started the weekend with a 5 mile walk for MS with some of our Bunco girls. We then hit Goodwill for stuffed animals for our Santa giveaway on Dec. 19 and then had breakfast at my favorite place, U.S. Egg. Saturday night, Don and Mary took us with them to the Coyotes/Penguins hockey game. It was fun to dress warm in the cool arena, but even better to come out to the nice, warm evening. Sunday I worked my first shift at the Humane Society. We adopted out 4 cats on my shift so it was awesome! I think I am really going to enjoy it there. As long as I don't come home with any more cats, I will be able to continue to work there : ). We are thoroughly enjoying our kitty, Bianca. She is so affectionate and has taken to "singing" in our shower. We are thinking she likes the acoustics. The unfortunate part is she does it at 4am in the morning. Oh, well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love the "singing" cat story! I can just hear it!~I have a cat, Pelé, that likes to walk along the edge of the tub if he can get in while I'm bathing - he doesn't always have the best balance! :)
Post a Comment