Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boyce Thompson Arboretum


John and I had a wonderful day today. We drove out to Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park in Superior, Arizona. It is about an hour drive from Phoenix. The desert flowers and cacti are blooming right now and it is beautiful. The roadsides are covered with yellow, purple and red wild flowers. The park was so much fun. They have a really cool trail that goes through it. If you stay on the main trail it is about 1 1/2 miles. There are several areas where you can take little loops to see more plants and flowers. The mountains surrounding the park were just gorgeous. It is really hard to explain how beautiful it really was. Arizona is so colorful now since our flowers our in full bloom. After our hike, we went to the Gold Canyon Golf Resort and had lunch on the patio. Since we were already out by Apache Junction we stopped at the flea market and picked up some more cacti to plant in our yard.

2 comments:

Gatfly said...

I didn't know you were a tree-hugger, Heather!
It looks like a beautiful, diverse area! Next time you go, put me in your pocket!

Jordan and Kailea said...

Man, I wish we didnt have all this other stuff going on! It looks beautiful, I wish i could have seen it for myself!