Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bear Canyon Hike











On Saturday, John, Jordan, Kailea and I took about a 9 mile hike in Bear Canyon in Tucson up to 7 Falls (a seven tiered waterfall). It was an awesome hike, although our feet were a little sore at the end. We did pretty good considering we went to the Metallica concert in Tucson the night before. The scenery was beautiful and the pool of water at the bottom of the waterfall was quite refreshing. We went from 2300 feet in elevation to 5000 feet. At certain times of the year the creek is flowing and makes it quite challenging as we had to cross it several times.
I found lots of pretty rocks, but couldn't carry them out of the canyon. I did find 2 small ones that I put in my backpack.




1 comment:

Gatfly said...

It's a different beautiful than we are used to, but beautiful nonetheless.
I think you have more energy than I do!