Sunday, May 24, 2009

Salt River Canyon


This is much farther away than it looks



John and I decided to take a little road trip about 2 1/2 hours northeast of Phoenix to Salt River Canyon. It is a beautiful area on the San Carlos Indian Reservation. Along the way we saw several signs that said "Watch for Rocks" and if you know me at all, that is exactly what I did. We managed to fit 3 rocks in the trunk of the convertible to add to the landscaping in our yard. They will join rocks from Montana (thanks to my brother Mike for helping me get some there), from the Kaibab National Forest, Marble Canyon in northern Arizona and of course the one I got in Sedona with the aid of Holly and Mary. It was a perfect day for cruising in the convertible.

2 comments:

Gatfly said...

NO BABY PICTURES??????
Beautiful scenery and John is looking great! Where is Heather?? (I know, behind the camera!)
Have a wonderful day!

John and Heather Schmit said...

They are below this post, silly!!