Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to our Dads


In Memory of my Dad, Elmer Schmit
Thank you for my sense of humor
and thank you for my wit

Nary a day passes by
that I don't think to myself
I am proud to be Schmit

You taught me to be the very best , Dad
to my daughters and my son

But I am satified to be number two, Dad
because you will always be number one

You live on in our memories every day, Dad
I love you and miss you

Happy Father's Day, Dad
From your son, John


Happy Father's Day to my Dad. He has always worked so hard to keep his family happy. I have made most of my memories with my Dad since I have become an adult. It took us until then to really get to know each other. Fortunately we have time now, when he comes to visit us in Phoenix. The time we spend is truly priceless and makes up for all the hours he had to work while we were growing up. Fortunately his strong work ethic has been passed on and helped all his children to be successful in their lives. Thanks for being my Dad. I love you forever. Your youngest daughter, Heather

John's Dad passed away on May 1, 1983. I never got to meet him, but I feel I know him through the stories that John and his whole family have shared about him. How I wish I could have known the man who helped in making you the wonderful dad and husband you are and I love you! (Your Dad would be so proud of you) Enjoy your day of golf and relaxation!

1 comment:

Gatfly said...

What beautiful tributes to two outstanding men!
Oh - three! :)