Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday John and Mary!

Happy Birthday to John and our very good friend Mary!  They share the same birthday. We will be getting together with Don and Mary this weekend to celebrate. 
John just had an absolutely awesome 4 day retreat in Prescott for the program he is in called New Pathways.  He is a mentor to a freshman boy named Anthone.  After an intensive 4 days at a camp up north they were matched.  John couldn't say enough on how special his experience was.  I can't even begin to say what it was like for him, but if you want to hear more, give him a call!  He is very excited for his first meeting with Anthone tonight.
While John was up in Prescott, I held down the fort at the office, which was a great experience for me.  I also ran the Laveen 5k on Saturday morning.  I had a big surprise, too.  I came in first in my age group and got a medal!  I was in shock. My first thought was maybe there wasn't anyone else in my age group in the race.  I did find out that there were 10 of us.  So, not too bad. 

1 comment:

Gatfly said...

Woo-hoo!!!!Way to go, Heather!!!! :)
The shirt is VERY cool, by the way - thanks much!!!!