Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Ramseier Family Visit

Elyse and Cari

Elyse enjoying the warm sun

Taylor peaking on Elyse

Trista and Elyse filling their squirt guns

Lunch after the flea market with Crystal, Taylor, Trista, Kailea, Cari, Elyse and Erik

We had a wonderful time having Rob, Cari, Elyse and Erik visit. As always, the time went fast, but we had some fun times. We started out Friday night with a belated birthday party for Elyse. She turned 5 on April 21. Jordan and Kailea came over and we had a cookout and Dairy Queen cake. Saturday morning Cari and I took about a 6 mile hike. It didn't start out to be that long, but when we got to the top of South Mountain we asked someone about a short cut back down and it ended up being a long cut. No worries, as we both were in good enough shape to handle it. Other than getting a little thirsty (we ran out of water about 1/2 way through), it was a lot of fun. Cari, Elyse and I toured the Mystery Castle Saturday afternoon. Then Saturday night, Jordan and Kailea came over and babysat(thanks, guys!) while we took Cari and Rob to see Miss Saigon at our dinner theatre. Sunday the guys went golfing and the girls (and Erik) went to the flea market. Kailea's sister Crystal and her nieces, Trista and Taylor went with us as Crystal's husband Aric was golfing. Afterwards was fun in the pool and then out for Mexican food. In between everything, we had lots of time to relax and catch up. I noticed when I checked some pictures I took, that the only picture I had of Rob was a video by accident and Erik was napping. When Cari gets settled in back home she is going to send me a couple.

2 comments:

Gatfly said...

Looks like the Ramseiers had fun basking in the AZ sun and infamous Schmit-hosptitality!

Mary Mathwig said...

I'm so pleased that my kids could come and visit. Looks like Heather and John's superb hospitality reigned, as usual.