Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2010!!


Happy New Year to everyone! We had an absolutely wonderful New Year and New Year's weekend. It started out on New Year's Eve with our good friends from Wisconsin, Jerry and Cindy flying in for 6 days. We had a nice, quiet dinner and played a game. On New Year's Day we took a small road trip to Tortilla Flat for lunch and then to Goldfield Ghost Town to go horseback riding. Cindy had never been on a horse before in her life. We had an awesome time! It was dueling jokes between John and our guide. After the horseback ride, we watched a shootout in the street and Cindy and I found new boyfriends (see pictures). On Saturday, Cindy and I worked like crazy in the kitchen to get ready for our Packer Tailgate Party at night. We had about 30 people here. My brother Mike had come from Montana for the game with his son Steve, from Las Vegas. We also had some local friends that are Packer fans, along with Jordan, Kailea, Mike & Mara with Rohan. A group of 8 showed up from the Seymour area. We had a pool shooting tournament with almost everyone participating. It was a lot of fun. On Sunday we had the game which was so exciting! The stadium here is awesome (and has very comfortable chairs). The Packers are playing here again on Sunday in the Playoffs against the Cardinals. We will again be at the game along with John's brother Jim and his girlfriend, Deb. Should be lots more fun.
Looking forward to my parents flying in on Monday, Jan. 11 and more family towards the end of the week for the Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon.

2 comments:

Ciniajer said...

One week ago, I rode a horse for the first time! "I hope the horses back is feeling better by now! ha! Love you two!

Gatfly said...

Awesome pictures! That Arizona Hospitality has been busy! Glad the folks arrived safely, and I am soooooo looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!! Oh, there is that little thing about running a 1/2 marathon while I'm there - but it should be fun, anyway! :)

Hey - how come I never got to go horseback riding with you??? Next time!!