Monday, January 18, 2010

P. F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon


We had a great marathon weekend! My sister Holly, my nieces Cari, Krista and Mara and her husband, Mike and I all ran. The whole weekend was so much fun. We went to the Expo on Friday afternoon to pick up our race info and chips. On Sunday morning, Mike and Mara met us at our house and we headed down to the race. Ed (Cari and Krista's Dad) and John took care of Rohan and tried to find us during the race. Krista and I were together till mile 6 and then she took off from me to be the first to finish in our group. Jordan and Kailea came out to cheer us on as well. I saw them at mile 12 - a much needed shot of family support was given. Sunday night we took Krista out for her birthday with a couple of celebratory margaritas. Lots of fun. Everyone is moving a little slower than usual, but all in all, we are fantastic! Looking forward to my next 1/2 marathon- hopefully Vegas in December!
John wrote a poem for us:

To my lovely wife Heather
And Holly her sista
To Mike and Mara
Cari and Krista

Your training dedication sure
Has made me impressed
But if I were to train like you
I would be depressed.

I know of all the hours
You all had to train,
And I know of all the
Hurts, aches, and pain.

So today as I saw you
For a few seconds I cheered loud,
But for the rest of my life
For what you all did
I'll always be proud.

2 comments:

ciniajer said...

We are so proud of you Heather!!! Great job, awesome pictures of the gang too!

Gatfly said...

I am proud of all of us! WE ROCK!!!